Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm trying to keep laughing about all of this....

But I'm 6 seconds away from yelling.

I was good-natured about the a/c breaking, laughed when the plumbing in the bathroom started leaking everywhere, frowned a little when I got the drill bit stuck in the wall trying to hang curtains, got angry when the cap wouldn't come off the gas line to hook up my stove, got a little frightened when the gas line to the dryer, after being hooked up twice, leaked, and I officially may have gone crazy when the hot water heater broke today.

And my little one is sick.

All I want to do is run her a bath, tuck her in, and then make a delicious dinner.

But creativity with a griddle and a crockpot is running low and I'm not sticking my baby in freezing cold water.

Needless to say I have hastened my house hunt and pray daily for the hearts of those grading the bar exam to be softened.

Oh, and I may or may not have flipped someone off on I-80 today. Don't worry, they more than deserved it and the guy in front of me pumped his arm out the window and smiled at me in his rearview mirror. He wasn't close enough to flip off the offending driver.

I think it's awesome when the highlight of my day is being rude. Oh, and Ava's cute noises.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry. It has been a whole series of terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days for you. I hope things look up soon and that Ava feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life after grad school, pre-job is waaaaay worse than grad school. We're in the same boat. It's a big boat. I know how all of those crazy things really can make life HARD, but you are soooo good at making them sound funny! Can I send you a list of my trials and have you write them in a witty way for me?? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete