Monday, November 15, 2010

Week 5, 12, 7011...

No idea what week I'm on. I moved. And then unpacking took forever (only 3 more boxes!). I continued with my diet (kind of) but wasn't able to take time out to go for walks. However, I would say that moving and unpacking boxes, drilling, assembling furniture, and numerous shopping trips (one to IKEA with a full cart and a full furniture cart AND a screaming 9 month old who refused to be in the cart any longer)? All good workouts. It's not as if I've been sitting around on the book of face all day (because I'm not a depressed zombie anymore). And I've also had to remind myself to eat meals, which means I haven't been bored-eating. Bored-eating is the woooooorst.

So I can safely say I think I should have lost some weight by now. A pound? 5? Just a little bit? No. Nothing. Not. one. pound. lost. Do you realize how demoralizing that is? It's not fun to be doing the best you can and have that not be anywhere close to good enough. Sigh. I wish I were one of the many women whose baby weight just melts away.

So. Change of plans. I had a nice long conversation with a good friend who also happens to be a professional in this area. Fitness is her life. We decided that I should just do it. Just get the gym membership. This way I can get a REALLY good workout in the water without killing my feet AND I can have a little mommy break from the cutest baby in the world for an hour a day. Both of these things will be goodness for my body, for my sanity. NEEEED MOOOOORE ENDORPHIIIIIINS. Hopefully with these forces combined......I can look like captain planet.

2 comments:

  1. Don't look like captain planet, Tiffy. He was blue. And a man. Awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you girlie. you got this!!!

    ReplyDelete