Thursday, June 9, 2011

Constant Vigilance!

Ava is a total water baby.

We've gone to the beach a couple of times since it got warm and she loves it. There really wasn't much hesitation on her part - she's got sand, water, a shovel and a bucket, and she can make as big of a mess as she wants. What's not to love?

I just have to watch out for her safety and well-being more diligently. I'm not the kind of mom that hovers, usually, but in the water?  Game face on and defensive stance assumed. David Hasselhoff has nothing on my life-guarding skill and I will. B-E A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E! because she likes to just wade out into water up to her thighs and scoop up the sand with her shovel, nevermind the fact that she just shoved her face into the water. She also thinks she can run in the water as well as she does in grass. Oh, Ava.


Glad we're moving even CLOSER to the beach. Like only a couple miles away. She will be in heaven.




1 comment:

  1. Lily and Ava would be the best of friends. Lily's love and confidence in water makes for a nervous and paranoid mom... but I love that she loves the water :)

    ReplyDelete