Thursday, March 10, 2011

Why staying with my Grandparents Gray was a fabulous decision

1. Today I made gluten free chocolate chip cookies with my Grandma while we discussed higher math. And by higher math I mean ounces and cups. Ha.

2. While said cookies were being made, Ava snuggled with her Great Grandpa.

3. My Grandma and I are tiiiiiiight.

4. My Grandpa gave me 3 kisses today.

5. Even though my Grandpa is recovering from back surgery he picked Ava up everytime she wanted him to.

6. My Grandma's steam shower.

7. The fact that I am writing this on a sweet computer sitting on a super short desk while I sit on a super short chair (my Grandma is 4'10"). I feel like an ogre.

8. Since my Grandma is so tiny, the stairs to the upstairs are like 1/4 the height of a regulation stair. Perfect for sliding down. Which Ava loves.

9. They have a built-in playhouse Ava's size upstairs.

10. When Ava is sleeping Grandpa makes a comment AT LEAST every 5 minutes about how cute she is.

11. My Grandma doesn't know how to work her scanner so I get to scan a whole bunch of pictures of my ancestors into her computer.

12. My Grandpa loves chocolate almost as much as I do.

13. Their stories.

14. They're just cool. Seriously.

15. Sleep Number bed. Boom.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, if you are still here we would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad face. We're already home. Next time? Or if you guys are ever in Chicago....let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have been nice to see you!! Sorry we missed you! We will be in Chicago in June! Maybe we can see you then.

    ReplyDelete