Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.....I think

So I did it. I did what I promised myself I would never do and started a blog. Why? Well I will tell you why. Because facebook is not really a good place to brag about my amazing life. I don't want to be all up in an old acquaintance from high school's newsfeed about what I had for lunch (disclaimer: unless it is really delicious or really gross I promise not to mention inane eating happenings) or how good avasaurus is at rolling over. If people want to know the details of my life, they can read my snoop bloggy blog (she is really good at rolling over, by the way). I also feel like I could really use a way to examine my life in a different light right about now, I need a creative outlet that involves sitting on my fanny and doing nothing (yes. I said fanny.), and I am moving soon and I want to get a huge list of followers so when I feel friendless in my new city I can look at my blog and see that indeed! I have friends (that last reason was really more of a joke, but now that I'm thinking about it? That could be nice). There are really a gajillion pros for me starting a blog with only one con - everyone else is doing it. But alas, this five year member of facebook has overcome her "cut off my nose to spite my face" mentality for you, her lovely reader.

A few disclaimers: I will probably write like I speak. That means my punctuation, while not necessarily grammatically correct, will be placed so that you can hear my voice as much as possible over the abyss of the internet. Also, you will never have to read non-words like "irregardless" or "supposably", completely overused phrases like "epic fail/win", or posts that would lead one to believe that I am a texting 13 year old on my blog. I do reserve the right to make up words if I can't find one in the english language that suits my needs. I also reserve the right to not post for months and to make up for it with a phrase like "it's just been so busy". K? K.

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Tiffany. I love you. And your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm glad that you started a blog. Trust me I felt the same way about blogging, but there is no better place to brag about wonderful husbands and babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome my friend to the world of blogging. We have been waiting for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for all of the smiles! You always make me giggle with you FB updates! :)

    ReplyDelete