Sunday, January 9, 2011

gluten-free chocolate chip cookies

Danny's favorite cookies are chocolate chip. I think I've made them once since going gluten free so I decided to give them a shot. For his sake. And mine (oh how I miss the dough). I used this recipe and was pretty excited about the possible outcome. The recipes calls for just one type flour, sweet rice flour, which is kind of weird for gluten-free baking. I, of course did not have 3 cups of sweet rice flour on-hand so I had to use one cup sweet rice flour, 1 1/2 white rice flour, and 1/2 brown rice flour. White and brown rice flours are more coarse than sweet rice flour so with my substitutions, the dough and cookies turned out too gritty. And there was waaay too much sugar.

I will be making these again but with the correct flour and less sugar.





Super flat cookie. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment