Thursday, February 17, 2011

Alexander and I..... well, we're going to Australia

Bah. Today is one of those days where I'm in a bad mood and I just can't shake it and "bah" is really the best sentiment to describe it.

It probably doesn't help that I keep messing up everything I do. (Side rant: If you're going to make a child's dress pattern 12 months to 6T, I would suggest making not only the 3T and 4T dresses yourself but also the 12 month dress so you realize that it is close to impossible to turn the dress right side out through such a teensy shoulder strap. It probably doesn't help that this material frays easily and I should have quadruple-enforced the seam. End of side rant.) And when "everything I do" means sewing a toddler dress and being a mom, I think we can all agree that I'm being a titch dramatic. I mean, my kid is still alive and generally happy but she won't take a nap and I can't make her see that just because she can does not mean she should unscrew the caps to the 16 lip glosses in my purse and taste all of them. How do I classify eating lip gloss as me messing up being a mom? I didn't stop her until the 4th one (she has a thing for CO Bigelow). Let's just say that, if I were 13, I'd probably pick a fight with my mom over something stupid, tell her she was the worst mom ever, storm off to my room and slam the door.

Even sweet baby kisses aren't being fully enjoyed by my scrooge mcduck self.

So I'm blogging. You can't mess that up, right? Not that I want to fill the internet with more negativity but this isn't really negative for anyone, I think. It is therapy for me and some laughs at my ridiculousness for you. You are welcome.

So while she is FINALLY taking a nap....maybe... (she tried to go from 2 naps to 0 but realized she needs at least 1), I will look at her one-year-old pictures and smile, eat some chocolate, cut some more pattern pieces for her dress, and remember that the days are long but the weeks fly by.


Update: No nap. Just screaming. Bah.

1 comment: