Friday, May 27, 2011

a new favorite protein

And while we're on the topic of good food, I just want to rub it in the internet's face that the plant nursery down the street also carries farm fresh free range eggs. For $2.50 a dozen. Like, sometimes covered-in-crap farm fresh eggs. Which is gross, but makes me feel pretty awesome about the food I'm feeding my family.

And the eggs. Oooooh the eggs! I feel bad for everyone still buying eggs from the grocery store that are white and all the same shape with bright, almost sickly yellow yolks. To be fair, I didn't know how truly un-natural grocery stores eggs were until I was exposed to these. They look so different. They're different shapes and sizes and colors. And the taste of those deep orange yolks? Doesn't even compare. 






Good morning, beautiful. Want some breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment